View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #15
mr48chev

Re: '52 Pickup Steering Column Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
I can get the column mounted, but do have a slight issue where the brake pedal arm hits the low beam/high beam switch mounted on the lower column. It appears that I can either modify the brake arm or try to find a different brake setup, like from the late 80's S10 that the column came from. Any thoughts?

Well, that may not end up looking as nice as you might want when you are done but what I would suggest is taking the pedal off and cutting the tube that the bolt runs through so that you would move the pedal to the left so that the pushrod mounted to the right side of the pedal arm.

That would let the arm clear the switch if you use 90 degree female slide terminals on the switch. it hopefully will leave you room to slip some sort of cover over the column or you are stuck with a bunch of scabs hanging down for everyone to see. The floor dimmer switch is still an option and would allow you to put a cover on the column that was a lot closer to the column and a lot cleaner in appearance.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote