View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #425
Bennett68C10

Re: Bowtie468's Extreme '68 BuildPage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie468 View Post
Still working on it . The whole bed is now ready for paint , minus the tailgate . The two that I had just didn't measure up . I would up springing for a really sweet OEM gate . ( Thanks Daniel ! [ dirish ] )

Still have a few more changes to make for the efi . I did get the tank pulled and installed the new in-tank pump .

As for the motor , well I wound up taking a few steps backwards on that. I was just planning to pull the motor and repaint and install new cam . Well , I pulled the heads off and disassembled for paint . Wound up installing new springs and valve job . Then , when i came to the block , I figured that too would be much easier if it was bare . So once tore down , proceeded to smooth all the casting . The POR 15 paint looks much better with it slicked out . While its apart , if course it's getting new bearings , rings .

So in a nutshell , an engine repaint turned into a total engine build ! And I wonder why this truck is not finished yet. . Lol !
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like me, I'm pulling my complete rolling chassis apart to install Porterbuilt Front/Rear Dropmembers and re-paint the frame, so I'm taking two steps back to take a step forward as well. You will be happier in the end that you did exactly what you wanted atleast thats how I feel about mine Can't wait to see some updated pics.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote