View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #1394
CC69Rat

Re: Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cericd View Post
Sound like a fair compromise to me. Y'all end up with a little one and you still end up with a nice ride.

I hate to hear that the stepper would become a fleet. Back when you were helping me look for mine I originally wanted a fleet but as I looked around I really started to want a step. Well, we know what I ended up with. I kinda wish it woulda been a step.

Anywho, congrats on the negotiation.
I can fix you up with a stepside bed. I'd even work a trade with you if you want, and deliver / come pick it up. I appreciate the kind words brother. It means a lot. I'm not really 'losing' anything but you kinda get attached to these old cars / trucks. I just hate to see it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno72 View Post
Sounds good Chad, bet make like a rabbit and well, you know. So either way you are gonna end up with at least one of the trucks?
yeah, she's going to let me keep the 68. (well, kinda 68)

Quote:
Originally Posted by original-71 View Post
trust me brother one toy is enough when you have kids. i barely have time for my truck cause we are always on the go, i wish you and your wife the best of luck in the near future. oh and you can still make the stepper look good also this guy selling this truck in houston, just to give you an idea
I am a huge fan of the 67-68 side trim. That and the fact you can absolutely stuff some huge tires under a fleetside.. I'm just thinking out loud really but I am keeping my eyes open for a fleet bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Keep me in mind when it comes time to sell your GMC,...
It's a sweet truck man, I'd like to see you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbuilt View Post
Chad I will pray for you and your wife. It seems like the ppl who will make the best parents have the hardest time having them! Good luck sir!
Thank you my friend. I mean no disrespect, but how the h*11 do people do this accidentally? Am I missing something here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno72 View Post
Aint that the truth!!
I really love kids man. I can't even express how much. It's not that I don't want kids, it's just losing your truck over the fact as a guy, I seem to have issues I can't really control (??) I just have to deal with it and move on. It's common in distance cyclists. At one point in my life I was riding close to 7k miles a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L View Post
Sounds like a good plan Chad, I wish you and your wife the best of luck with everything.
Thank you man. I hope things in the North East are getting back to normal for you guys too. It's odd how life deals you issues, the only thing you can do is just press on. My truck is a drop in the bucket compared to what you've been through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
Kids are more fun than these trucks...& way more expensive. But a true blessing!
Posted via Mobile Device
I'd cut off my arm for a child right now. No questions asked. (Not to save my truck .. just cause I like kids )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Chad, I have three kids and they're now in their 20's and they treat me like the kid now give me a curfew and make me come in the house for dinner, count my drinks etc.... but I love it. Good luck
Thank you man. I need someone to keep me in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
Good luck chad in all you do. Having Kids is the biggest blessing and the biggest heartache at times but I would not change it for the world.

For me just having the one truck is plenty and because of my lifestyle sometimes the truck sits for months at a time.
Yeah, I am having trouble finding time for one, much less two. I am just going to finish it up and enjoy it for a couple weeks and let it go.

I honestly don't know what to ask for it. Will you guys PM me some opinions please? I'm asking, you're not going to hurt my feelings. All except you Keith !!

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote