View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #1439
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

I got some time to work on it this weekend. I got the zero rates installed, and IDK if I'm exactly am happy with it. Before I started the wheel base was 132". After it's 133.5". So it definitely moved. I just don't think it's enough in the front yet. But I only moved it 1/2". I still have the 1 1/2" hole to try. I also stripped the other hole in my diff housing on the RH leaf spring retaining plate. So I'll have to heli-coil them. I had the inserts but no tap. I didn't realize the taps for a 1/2" heli-coil was an odd size. Go figure. I got the kit today though, so I'm good there. Any how, here's some progress pics.

I cleaned the bed out, removed the rear bumper, and slid the bed back. The bed was way too close to the cab for my taste.

Next I removed the bed so I can start on the GN hitch, frame boxing, and fuel tank swap. (Thanks for the idea Matty)

Almost had a casualty.............

No bed.

Tail pipe won't work when my hitch is finished. I'm planning on running straight pipe now.

Starting on the GN hitch. I'll have a B&W inbetween the 4x4 and 2x4 cross members.

Shoot, just this weekend and this morning, I bet I spent 10hrs working on this thing.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote