View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #115
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

Re: Build: I've never done bodywork...but I can change if I have to! (bagged '67 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham57a View Post
This is a great build. I'm late to the show but I'm subscribed now
Thanks, you have a nice clean build goin on, i like what you're doin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54belair View Post
I can relate to your initial fears, it looks like you have "overcome and adapted"---truck looks good man,,,
Thanks, its trying sometimes.

Well I got a little more done, not a whole bunch, but some... got my sensors located and mounted in the rear for the Accuair, also test fit my box and made some fixes on the aftermarket sheetmetal bedsides, had to drill out a few spot welds are re align one corner.
also welded in a marker light filler too fast and warped half the bedside, so now i have to cut it out again and redo it all..

this is as low as I can get with a c-notch, not as deep as I would like, but I guess it will have to do for now, when I get 20's they should be able to tuck the rims a little better in the fenders.
Name:  PICT0044.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  42.9 KB

well here I can finally see I went a little too narrow on the rear end, I guess I will have to throw in a 1/2 inch wheel spacer for these rims, and when I go to the 20's I will make sure to order the rims with 7 inch back spacing instead of 7.5 like these ones, then it'll be perfect. good thing i test fit with the el cheapo drag lites for now.
Name:  PICT0046.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  50.1 KB
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote