Thread: Tpi
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #18
MARKDTN

Re: Tpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina/10 View Post
....Thanks for the TPI lesson! Always good to read about the diffences in those units, and how they relate to other EFI systems. Have you ever used an external fuel pump on a 67-72 truck with a stock in cab tank?
No, but I have done a few vehicles with that '88 Ford truck pump. (A '69 Corvette and a '50 Ford truck). It says to use a primary "kicker" pump with it, but I did not in either of those and both are still going 10+ years later. I prefer the intank pumps and if I did another it would also use that S-10 Blazer tank too. I would have to say that after seeing some wrecks with in cab tanks, I would prefer to get the tank outside.

The only real difference in a 350 and 305 setup is injectors and knock sensor. You may get away with the 305 injectors if you jack the pressure and/or don't rev it high. Another lesson I have learened in the last year is injectors. The GM Multec injectors do not like ethenol fuel. There is a guy in Atlanta that sells rebuilt Bosch injectors that fit that use stainless pintles and should last a long time with todays fuels. Before the carburetor guys jump on the bandwagon, remember that some Q-Jet floats and especially older accelerator pumps do not ethenol fuel either. Fuel quality and chemestry is a real problem whether you are carbed or injected.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote