View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #1473
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
Thats my debacle. do all the work to run the engine driven, or buy the good electric. im still not decided. if you or your brother dont find me an engine driven by the time i need one, ill probably go electric. and if i can manage it, im getting the oasis. i want to be able to run pit at the derby in style! now, what can i sell...
One thing to keep in mind with the Oasis is the 180ish-200A draw for the lighter duty unit. If you are not mounting it close to the batteries the voltage drop alone will shorten the motor life dramatically. That's the reason I went with an Extreme Outback compresssor. 100% duty cycle and a whole lot less amp draw. Yes, it puts out less air too, but I'm not running air tools on a regular basis off of my truck so that's not a major concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6lcummins View Post
I can find the engine driven but the price will be close to the Oasis... Found a Cummins part number since I'm bored at work...3558002:$1515.57 Retail price through work...
Do you have room for a York?? Hell, Autoworld probably has a bolt-on bracket for it. Bang for the buck, it can't be beat. I did not have room or I'd have one on my truck. I was even trying to engineer a pto driven setup that used a York compressor to get it out of the engine compartment, but the time came that I needed OBA and I wasn't far enough along in the engineering process to make it a feasible option so I went electric. A York with a tank on it would allow you to get rid of your shop compressor. LOL.