View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #182
CRGRS 66

Re: CRGRS 66 – Winter Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Could you shoot some pics of your cab lifter please?
Like Bomp, I would enjoy seeing how you made that.
It is not actually a "cab lifter". It is a steel frame with casters on it, I got it from work. It was taking space, and a quick measuring job told me it would be perfect as a cab cart. The uprights really served me no purpose, just happened to be there. I had the frame supported by jack stands, and rolled the cart under the rear of the frame up to the jack stands. I then lifted the frame off of the jack stands at the rear of the truck just enough slide them out of the way. I then rolled the cart under the cab and used some paving stones between the cart and the frame at four (cab bolts were previously removed). I still needed to support the frame as I had to raise everything up further so that I could get the jack stands between the cab and the cart. This was necessary so that there would be enough clearance to get the frame out from between the two. I used a floor jack at the front to raise the frame at that end. As it was cantilevered it was super easy to lift the front end by hand, but I could not do that and place the jack stands at the same time.

More or less just a flat deck on casters. Hope that helps.

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote