View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #2506
91ChevyK1500

Re: How about some pics of 73-87 Long Beds?

Heres my 85 K10 Silverado, started life out with a 305/700r4, my uncle bought it almost 20 years ago and it had a worn out 400 and the 700 was on its last legs. He and his friend rebuilt the motor with all the latest performance parts of the 90s and put a turbo 350 behind the 400. This truck was my first vehicle and a year into driving we put another used(big mistake learned twice) 700r to try and save gas, I blew 3rd and 4th gear one day and this past Christmas blew up the other 700r. I'm planning to restore this truck in honor of my Grandpa who passed last week. This truck was always his favorite. I plan of putting a standard tranny(tired of junkomatics) and lifting it just to put 35's, repaint and put all new chrome trim and cab trim on it. But being a broke college student I will restore it piece by piece. I have my 91 sport 4x4 for my DD so I can not worry about needing to drive it when I tear it down. These pictures are of when me and dad first fixed it up(bondo and spray paint just to drive it) its seen better days now, I'm glad i don't have new pictures of it as it sits from where I sideswiped a guardrail(still learning to drive almost 5 years ago) The truck is my Pride and Joy and when finished will be a sunny day truck.
Attached Images