View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #6
chevymadness

Re: I need help im new

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungkidonthebloc View Post
I have 87 chevy 10 4.3 and im looking to restore it. it runs and has no mechanical problems but i would love help on the step to making a classy truck
Lol I been there dude I have a 82 Silverado i baught as my first truck 2 years ago.I have to really caution that you should do everything yourself because if you don't you will waste more then what goes in the truck from labor and other nonsense.if you can't do it yourself other then paint of course then have someone you can trust or close do it!Also when I got my truck or any old truck for that matter I had alot of wire problems in the steering colum usually and it was a little pricey because i had the work done by a mechanic.I wish i knew more about trucks or atleast took the time to learn i would of definetly done it all different.I also had to fix the chrome detailing in the cab which cost the most,all the chrome accesories because it was totally trashed.The vinyl bench seat should not cost alot I had it done for 150$ tops including doors so don't let them stiff you on bs vinyl.Thats preety much all I can tell you there is not steps to take other then to be very hands on and salvage what you can if your not building a show stopper and just need a badass truck to get around like me.Your truck can be finished in whatever time frame you give totally depends how conservative you are and how much cash flow you got PERIOD good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's all about original guys original let me say again original.
chevymadness is offline   Reply With Quote