View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #549
Portmod7

Re: Project "Just an Old Truck"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksSS View Post
I'm tired gentlemen. Actually pondered walking away tonight. Maybe I'll drive her to work the rest of the week, maybe that will bring the spark back. Or maybe I should park her over at my folks house for a bit, outta sight outta mind.
I'm a bit late, mostly because I'm in about the same boat and don't even want to look at the forum right now, ha ha.

Just thought I'd say you're not alone. The "bugs" in my project have got me down as well. I've considered putting it up for sale several times, giving up the "chase", and buying a more modern vehicle with the money. Something that I can turn the key and drive down the road without a thought. What a panzy.

I guess I just had this romanticized idea of what it was going to be once I got it together and on the road, and it's just not quite what I had imagined. It's hard to convince myself to just keep plugging along, but, it's just part of it. I think one thing that has hurt me is I haven't 100% finished what I intended for this part of the build, but since I can drive it, I haven't really worked on anything since I got it rolling. I'd probably feel a lot better if I finished up the little things I had intended.

Keep up the good work, keep moving forward!