Thread: 1951 Chevy / C4
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #120
xpickup

Re: 1951 Chevy / C4

Chevette, Thank you. I am still waiting to see your build thread back on here again. I am going through withdrawal!

48 GMC BURB, Thank you. I am glad you like it. I too sometimes do things one way and then add to it because I think it would be better another way. Yes I can not wait to have your son and you come set the motor in it.

It was one of those weeks. Two of my kids had small surguries and the gas drier died. But the brown truck came for a visit. The 56 eye brows and headlight rims came and a bunch of brake things came. The rocky hinges and latches are on there way. So I have been running the brake lines. I ordered a new blue piont(snap on) flare kit so it should be here early in the week. I bent up everything that I could, and only have to flare 5 ends. The back still needs the t put in and attach it to the long line. The front is all bent up and both ends need flared to go into the propotioning valve. They need trimmed back a little so they look nice. The frame is all tore apart so I can finish welding and grind the under side. I have to weld a 3/4 inch flat bar around the bat wing mount to strenghten it up a little. It would be alright but I like to over due things. It is back on the saw horses. Thursday I took off work so I will sling the epoxy on then. Then put it back together and start on the headlight brows and the doors till the motor comes.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote