View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
mr48chev

Re: 1950 Chevy truck- types of Bench seats

That should fit pretty nicely but unless the truck is chopped I'd vote for having the stock redone by someone who knows what he is doing. Over the past 40 years I've probably had ten different seats in my 48 since I chopped it an nothing was as comfortable as the stock seat that Bobby Russel in Waco redid for me the week before the Street Rod Nationals in Tulsa in 1973. With that seat I could jump in the truck an make a 400 mile road trip and feel ready for more. The seat I have in it now looks nice in the truck and fits great but is more uncomfortable than sitting on a sheet of plywood.

Note: Any seat you use in these trucks has to have a very thin and upright lean back unless you are very short and thin yourself. The problem with most late model seats is that they leave no room in the cab of AD trucks when they are in the truck. The mini van seats usually have rather thin and upright backs and have bases that are fairly easy to modify to fit our trucks.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote