View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #737
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Re: How about some pics of 99-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
Good eye, GC! that is a dent! there is also some hail damage, mainly on the hood. I plan to put a cowl hood on, get the hail damage repaired by m buddy's bodyshop, and drop the rear. The ligt damage made a HUGE difference in price, and a 2wd 1500 cc is hard to find around here. i had to drive 3 hours to get that one. I is mechanically perfect, so i will wait on the other stuff until I sell the lifted F150 its replacing.
I would skip the cowl hood, and find a 01-02 Chevrolet 2500HD/3500 hood, all you have to do is trace and cut around where the GMC headlights "bulge" into the hood. Leave just a bit of extra material and bend it over into a seam, or just weld the seam. Looks much cleaner than a cowl hood on this body style truck, and it will be something that very few others will have. Just my opinion, of course it's your truck, but the one off factor of a HD hood on a GMC is very cool, and you will likely come out cheaper than a cowl hood.
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote