Thread: Project 69SWB
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #255
~Whitey~

Re: Project 69SWB

Little update. I've just been going around the cab filling in unnecessary holes and getting any other welding or clean up done before I put down anymore primer. There were a few inside the cab on the kick panels and pillars. Who knows what was installed over the years. Speakers, gun racks...

Got all the holes filled in and have been focusing on the firewall this week. Trying to decide whether to shave it or keep my stock heater setup. So far I've filled in the clutch pass through, another hole by the fuse block that was just plugged, and I still have to do the hole where the tail light harness goes through since I won't be needing that with the Painless wiring harness I bought, and I had to enlarge the fuse block hole for it. Just marked it and used a die grinder. really simple. I mocked it in there to make sure it fit.
also moved the vin plate down and put in a door vent.

Name:  69Chevy_cab-repair65.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  69Chevy_cab-repair66.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  108.9 KB

Here's a couple pics just for fun. This is my crew that helps out.. or so they think. :-)

Meet Nacho, helps when it's not too cold... mainly just watches me, but gets his paws dirty ever now and then.

Name:  69Chevy_cab-repair67.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  88.2 KB

Meet my Grandson Jackson. He's a good boy, but gets a little bossy. ;-)

Name:  69Chevy_cabrepair68.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  39.0 KB

papa get to work, there's supposed to be a windshield here and I'm gonna be ready for this truck soon.

Name:  69Chevy_cab-repair69.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  41.5 KB

Also, since I'm moving the tank out of the cab, I'm still undecided on what to do about the filler hole. .. shave it or dummy it?