View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
mechanixman

Re: 1952 3/4 Ton Rebuild

Ha ha, Gotta love that Plymouth fury. But didn't the turd also polish itself after moochie and the gang trashed it?

The painting wasn't premeditated, this was more along the lines of what my thought process was:

- I need to take this off the engine, and make sure it's clear. I don't want to suck a nest into a cylinder.
- If it's off, I might as well clean it. It won't take too much work, and I hate working on something filthy when I could have just cleaned/washed it beforehand.
- Well, if it's off the motor and clean, and I put it back on, I'm going to have to clean it again... So I might as well just paint it now. Besides, I already have the paint lying around.

The mechanics all look solid. When the pan was off, I tried moving the camshaft and connecting rods, and everything is snug like it should be. My real worry is the electrical system. Just one big botch job.
Everyone has told me to take it slow, and I thought I was, till I realized that all I have been doing is trying to get it to run as soon as possible. Not even caring what could happen. But I've taken a step back, and now I'm going to replace a few of the really deteriorated wires, just to be on the safe side when I do start the engine.
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote