View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #186
AJohn6
Knuckle head

Re: Project Step Aside, 1971 SWB/Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett--G4L View Post
Truck is looking great, can't wait to see it back on the ground. Sorry to hear about your compressor issues, hopefully Lowes resolves them for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man. The Lowes here have some great people working for them and they got it taken care of. I actually had it on the ground today to shift it around and give myslef some more room on the drivers side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
I bought the same compresser from Lowes. I used it about 6 months now. I had only one thing that went wrong with it. The main pulley on the compresser kept coming loose. I tighten it and now it is doing great. I have sand blasted and grind and used a DA sander and it keeps up with me. I am sorry for you trouble. But sometimes a bad one or a good one gets by. But it does get a little warm sometimes. So I mounted a fan over the compresser when I willl used it for a while. Signed some what happy with it.
The compressor did run good until it stopped, haha. So they came yesterday and dropped off the new one and when I got it all hooked up I ran the break in period. I went to fill the tank and it wouldn't even fill up. After closer inspection someone did not push the compression sleeve on the tank inlet. Easy enough fix though. I called Lowes back up and had them pull the inlet tube off of the old one and swung by and picked it up. Got it put on and I can already tell that this one runs better than the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
great progress, frame looks great, that radiator is pretty sweet too !
Thanks man, hopefully I can get those slosh tubs put in soon.
Attached Images

'71 SWB/Step http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=291750
2017 Crew Cab Silverado LTZ with 6.2l, 8 Speed tuned by RPM in Garner, NC
'00 Chevy 1500 6.0l Silverado Reg. Cab Short Bed
'09 Chevy 1500 5.3l Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed (SOLD)
1971 LWB on 2014 1 ton chassis, L96 6.0LS / 6L90E http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=796785
1969 LWB C10- Future project, possible AWD C10 on a 2002 Escalade Chassis.

AJohn6 is offline   Reply With Quote