Thread: Teenagers Dream
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #16
YoungDreamer

Re: Teenagers Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonaut View Post
Yeah, I do seem to remember some high speed highways when I was in Texas. Although 85 is the limit it is still legal to drive a little slower in the right hand lane, right?

Anyway, if you do build your truck to dive 85+ on the highway, please also upgrade your braking system, suspension system and steering system so that they will be safe at those speeds. GM engineers designed these trucks to be driven at about 60mph or so on the highways in the 60s.
Of Course, the change to diesel should be one of the last changes i make. Im trying to find a good running tagged pickup now that will drive me to work everyday this summer. Every paycheck i will do a little more, starting with disk brake conversion and new power steering. Then Paint and interior, then rims. Then electronics. Then i will officially decided if i want to go diesel or not. I would like to go diesel and have stack and the whole 9 yards. But that may not be in line with my families current financial standing and if thats the case i will just clean up the engine already in the truck and drive it as is till i can afford the swap
YoungDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote