View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:32 AM   #38
MalibuSSwagon

Re: 1986 Short bed 2WD

Sorry its been awhile, I've just been distracted.

Terrible pic of seats in the truck

In other news:

Sold the NV4500 in December. I got laid off so it didn't seem wise to spend $1k to swap in a transmission I didn't need (still have 2.73 rear gears). On the bright side, sold it for $50 more than I paid for it.

Decided that I hated the wiring harness I made for it, it was a Camaro harness so it was way too long, most of it coiled up under the dashboard. So I pulled it all out and build a new harness. Also made a proper mount for my MAP sensor, its now hanging off the side of the plenum. Cleaned up the engine bay by mounting the fuel pump relay, ESC module, and fuses under the dash.

I suspected for a while that my Innovate LC-1 was not exactly accurate and may be causing some of my tuning issues. The LC-1 was also providing the narrowband signal to the computer. Some internet searching confirmed my suspicion, so I removed it and installed the OEM o2 sensor I bought for this project. My fears were confirmed when I fired it up; without changing the tune that was running ok before, the truck was spewing black smoke out the tailpipe and running rough as hell. WTF. Now if my laptop would just boot up, I could get a proper tune on this thing. Anyone wanna buy a lightly used LC-1?

Hmm....what else? Oh yes I installed electric fans today. I got a dual fan setup out of a Ford Windstar, apparently both fans together flow 4400 CFM. I figured that was enough. :p Plus, after some trimming, they fit the stock rad quite well. I'll have a writeup coming soon. I'm hoping to gain 1 mpg with that setup installed, plus clears space in front for a future supercharger install.

Stay tuned.
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote