View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #29
Big Rat

Re: Big Rat's 1979 C10 High School Hot Rod Restooo

No problem. I was curious how well it worked before I did it so I figured why not share.

So on to the good stuff! It's Saturday, all day long. No work for me, so no excuses not to work! Only way I'm going to have a hot rod is to get busy crackin knuckles to metal!

So here is where I'm startin from.

I'm just pluggin away thinkin to myself that instead of removing the wiring harness I should probably get that tranny out that is hangin by some wire... It's at this point in my pondering and reflection the my good 'ol TH400 decides to do an eject-o seat-o on to the floor hangin by the trans mount! I mean seriously, what if my kids had been playing under there?! After quickly barking out words that rhyme with "fit" and "shuck", my cat like reflexes sprung into action and I grabbed my secret weapon... My cab liftin engine hoist!

I proceeded to share how I felt about the puddle of fluid now penetrating well into my concrete,

After sitting in the corner crying for a short time I persevered and overcame. Gathered my wits and regained my composure

Luckily, I had just picked up some newly invented specially formulated granular transmission fluid absorb-all

Finished removing the loom and then took a closer look at ye old cab mounts. Be sure to watch the for sale threads for these bad boys!!! I'll be posting them up real soon!

Moved on to the power steering pump. Proceeded to remove it, along with some of the frame. Well, I guess it is lighter now?! Any one want to comment on ideas on a good repair for this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Would've got the brake lines fully removed but this little rear brake line fitting decided to be a sneaky bugger and not come loose. So I removed the tanks and figured I'd do a little research before I destroyed anything.

Other than the rear suspension, which I purposely have left till the end, and a couple other things that are soaking, it is just about bare. Be c-notched and POR-15'd before we know it! I'll get after it again soon!

Oh and just to gloat, the 'ol lady told me she is taking me to Lynyrd Skynyrd! She buys me a Nova, then she likes my chops, and now is taking me to see Skynyrd?! Oh MAN! This is my white trash red neck dream come true!

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote