View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #90
gerfunken

Re: Scott's 1972 Chevy K-20. A place to start.

So, got it home last night. +/- 150 miles. Ran at about 80mph the entire way with no issues, and everything was working normally.
  • Engine temp stayed around 190
  • Exhaust temp was right around 600
  • Oil pressure stayed around 40psi
  • Volts stayed right at 14
  • Boost stayed right around 12psi

The Bad....
  • There is feedback in the brake pedal. I think that there's a case for a warped front rotor, and when I got under it, I can see that the driver's side is really bad.
  • There is a power steering leak that has coated everything on the underside of the vehicle at this point, and it's all dripping down. Need to identify where the leak is in the system.
  • Nothing in the dash was put back in place properly. Pulled the cup holder out only to have it fall on the floor of the cab. Pulled the ash tray out to find the same situation. Hit the "O/D" button only to have it fall back into the dash. (thankfully, the cup holder was already on the ground, so I could reach my hand back in there to get it.)
  • And, the largest annoyance was the fact that the driver's door speaker constantly cut in and out with all of the associated static, and that damn near drove me crazy on the 2.5 hour drive.

1972 Chevy K20
Picture Gallery
Build Thread

1930 Chevy AD
Picture Gallery

1929 Ford Model-A
Picture Gallery

1975 Triumph TR-6
Picture Gallery
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote