View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:52 AM   #199
v-man

Re: 1988 Suburban "V Rig" Gets Cummins Power

Thanks for technical assistance Ryan. Tv cable or kickdown cable or whatever installed. Touchy sob. To far to the front to cold, in the middle to hot, all the way back just right. Really contary to alot of info on cummins forums Ryan was spot on with the adjustment. Service manual advocated 1/8 inch gap from pin to the rear of the slot on cable, which gave me longer shift points which was kind of nice but no top end or power. Cable all the way aft. gives good power for towing and shift points are tighened up, in 3rd gear by 20mph. Anyway Ryan was good enough to hook me up early on a Sunday morning. Thanks again. Got my new speed adapter from PATC transmissions. Sent info He wanted speedo reading at 40, 50, and 60 compared with gps. Determined I needed a 38% increase using burb cable with 315/75r/16 BFG's 92 dodge np205, with 355 gears. Speedometer is now spot on. Sweet Working on leaks, put a new set of felpro valve cover gaskets from NAPA, seem to be doing the job, fixed a fuel leak with advice from Ryan, All thats left is the rear yoke seal on the np205, has a annoying drip. Love checking out this forum, There a lot of talent out there, unfortunately not much residing in my garage. Can't say it enough, that things a blast to drive. Hoping I can get enough nerve to take a long road trip with it like back to California where I found her. Maybe!
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote