View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #177
Maximus

Re: My Build - 1955 2nd Series Short Bed Stepside

Well its been a while since i have posted in my build thread, and not much has happened since the last post. Caught up in several other projects around the house and will be getting to the bodywork of my cab and front end soon, but wanted to throw up a few pics of my new purchase...

Sometimes the time to buy something is when you need it, but for harder to find items, the time to buy them is WHEN YOU SEE THEM.

that being said, when I was looking for bed parts I really wanted to find a short fleet bed, but we all know how hard they are to come across... I ended up finding a mint aftermarket shortbed stepside bed all new and painted for a decent price, so I bought it last year... well I wasnt really LOOKING for a bed today, but as soon as I saw it I had to buy it.

Now i just have to figure out wether I am building another truck or whether I am swapping my stepside out... For some reason I think I might end up with a Pair of Task Forces

Here is the Shortbed Stepside bed I found. No tailgate, rotted bed but very decent sides. main dent in "bullet" was slide hammered and bondo'd 20+ years ago and is in decent shape, the tops of the fender flares were swapped at one point, but not the full arches, and there is a dent on top of the front of one bed side, but EASY to get to. Not banged up and NOT rusted away. I couldnt be happier to own this bed.

The best things come up when I am not looking for them, but sometimes just because im not looking for it, doesnt mean im not going to buy it!
The only thing ill add is it is pre-drilled for the deluxe trim and I WISH it was still there! but the Previous owner also said he also wished it was there because he knew it was worth $$$$$

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote