View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #496
cdndobber

Re: How about some pics of 69-72 Blazers and Jimmys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemCo Customs View Post
1972 GMC JIMMY with a 350CI hooked to a 700R4. Running a stock transfer case with a 44 front and Detroit locker Rear. 35x12.5 Toyo OC on 18' wheels. Truck is 98% restored. Engine has been fitted with a pair of Hooker Headers, Edlbrock dual bore intake, throttle body, 650cfm Edlebrock w electric choke, Upgraded higher Amp alternator, newer rad with dual 12inch electric fans, High output water pump. 3inch dual flowmaster exhaust, kicked out just ahead of the rear tires. Interior all done in Black Vinyl and Grey Tweed inlay, All new black carpet laid over top flawless rust free floor that has been sprayed in line x protective coat. Roll bars wrapped in foam then covered in a snap button black vinyl jacket. NO Air Conditioning. Truck has Power Steering, Power Brakes (Disc front/Drum Rear) After Market Stereo, Mp3 hookup, bluetooth hands free, Sirius Sat radio, all hidden nicely to keep it looking old school and not like a teenagers truck. Outside of truck was coated in smoking hot Black Cherry Paint, (Black to the human eye, until you catch it in the right angle of the sun and you will get a rare glimpse of the Metallic Cherry flake. However on the drivers rear panel there is a 'Dime Size" mark where there what to appears to be a small airbubble. Its been there since day one, painter even gave me a credit due to his mistake. Yet, Ive just always been careful washing the truck and this strange almost un noticable airbubble has yet to burst after 6 years, every beauty has birthmark right!! The body is laser straight, zero rust , and all undercoated with line x. Chrome Rocker panels and chrome trim all in great shape. Front nose of the hood has the regular small pits from bugs, rocks, whatever gets thrown at it while on the highway. The removable topper was in poor physical appearance due to sun, but after all kinds of research I finally hunted down a fibreglass expert who was stoked to take on this project. He completely sanded down inside and out, tossed the old windows and stripping, re-fibreglassed majority of the topper, hinges , window ledges etc. Painted the entire topper inside and out in gloss black paint, then Gel coated the entire topper and gave it textured feel back. Inserted all new windows,stripping, gas struts on the rear hatch and set it back on the truck and whola... that easy!! There is 8 bolts to instal and remove the topper, however I have only took it off once since I purchased the truck, not worth the 4 man job and ruining the water tight stripping along the bed box. But yes you can remove the topper still with some help.

I am the 3rd owner of this truck, Original owner was a old man who thought it was a great looking truck yet he hardle drove it, 2nd owner was a truck enthusiast who thought it would be a good restore, yet he didnt have the time. I myself have enjoyed bringing this badass truck back to full life and have used it as a daily driver, Show truck, and even built a custom bike trailer to take my bike on holidays with me.

Mileage reads 74,000m and I think it very well could be correct by the stories I have heard from both the previous owners. The truck is blast to drive, everyone always double looks, it goes like hell and sounds soooo proud and loud when it wants to be. My woman loves it for holidays, so comfy and lots of room.

Biggest drawback is when some jackass says " thats a sweet bronco " Im sick of shaking my head at people that disrepsect this legend.

After all my good times and now having this truck for over half a decade, I find myself almost ready to sell and take on a new project. My question to everyone is , What do you think its worth ?? I have done my homework and have some ballpark ideas and have been offered some stellar dollar figures, but this site is where id like to get some reliable numbers.

Thanks for checking it out !!!
I almost bought this truck in Vernon B.C. 3-4 years ago??? Was viewing/ dealing over internet. Then the replies stopped.
cdndobber is offline   Reply With Quote