View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #49
Big Rat

Re: Big Rat's 1979 C10 High School Hot Rod Restooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE "10" SILVERADO View Post
Nothing wrong with a F*rd! My grandpa has a 76 with a 460 in it. That was going to be my project truck until I found out that I could see the road while driving. Somehow I ended up with a . So are you going to have 2 projects running now?
Technically I'd say I have way more than 2 projects already! Unfinished basement, unfinished yard, 79 C10, Nova, 69 C20, and now maybe that highboy?! Oh my next project may be sorting out the divorce settlement! What an addiction! If anything it would be a kinda tinker with it and be able to drive it at the same time project. I need something old that I can drive NOW! I'm dying always having to be fuel efficient and responsible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Dune/snow basher! A friend had a 79 like that with a 400M. FUN FUN! you felt instantly more burly man just turning the key. You could practice your nascent bodyworking skillz on that thing! Ooooh, scope creep! (Get used to it!)
I know exactly what you mean. I sprouted a full beard and dawned a flannel shirt as soon as I sat in it to take the pictures! I was immediately flooded with old feelings from high school and my truck. Luxuries of new cars are great n all, but the nostalgia and memories that accompany old vehicles, no words can describe it, yet every single one of you know exactly what I'm talkin about.

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote