View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
SlowYourRoll

Any ideas? Siding - chrome/aluminum/ss - NOT ROCKER PATCH PANELS - siding panels

Hey everyone.

I need some ideas. I am a long way from paint and body work. My newest project was delivered to me with cr*p doors and rocker panels. A PO installed cosmetic covers over the rockers and doors. In transit across the country, one of these glued on panels must have blown off. Now my truck is sitting with a bondo colored lower door panel on the driver's side and I'm wondering if anyone knows of these and where to buy them, precut for our trucks? Does it look out of place just on the door/rocker? Should I just buy a generic kit for <$200 and cut them to fit and run them all the way down the sides? I live in San Diego, so eventually, this thing is going down to tijuana for a complete paint job (same color to match excellent interior), but that is probably a year or two down the road still.

I hate the gross bondo color, it stands out really bad. I feel like a piece of stick on chrome from ebay, or some aluminum panels will at least make it presentable parked on my street. My truck's body is far from perfect, but with new bumpers on the way, all the lenses, a new grill, etc, I can live with the small rust spots for now. I can't have the door in this condition though!

I only have one pic showing the bondo colored glue holding these things on where it's missing and my truck is currently in the shop for a blazer tank relocation (YAY!).

Any ideas are much appreciated. Links for recommended products are more appreciated! Thank you all for your help and great info on this forum!

Finally, I expect some flaming - but, they were already on there, and I will have to save up for a while to get the right paint job, so I think something like these will have to suffice for now. I'm looking for help in covering the bondo without paint with a method that at least looks OK. I am not seeking opinions on if I should do it or not.
SlowYourRoll is offline   Reply With Quote