View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #93
mechanixman

Re: 1952 1 Ton Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Guy99 View Post
Not to mention having extra storage in the cab, getting rid of fumes, and adding safety in the event of a crash.
I do plan on eventually moving the tank out of the cab and putting it between the frame rails, probably above the spare tire. I like the benefits like more room and safety. (I eventually plan on putting in a new seat that's going to need all the room it can get). But for now, I'm just going to get it cleaned so I can have her running by summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgets50 View Post
Maybe even make it into something cool like a spare key hider. I mean honestly who would think to look inside what they think is the filler neck for some keys
That's awesome! definitely knew I wouldn't replace the cap with a patch panel, but I didn't have a clue what I was going to do. I'm liking that, or maybe an outlet......

I guess I'll reveal my secret plan: I can't seem to find any drive in movies around here nowadays. The closest one I know of is in springfield, and 200 miles is a little far to take a date to the movies.
So what I'll do is:
-Park about 6 ft from a tree. (back end in first, this is important)
-Nail the projector screen to the tree.
-Put laptop in the seat, project/speakers on top of the cab
-Hook everything up. Power from either a generator or that outlet in the gas cap
-Put the cooler in middle of the bed for easy access to tasty refreshment
-Sit in the bed with my date, and enjoy our private movie theater.
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote