View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #465
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
Thanks for posting the Gasser pics. Being an old fart, I remember the old gassers well. Them and the Altereds were my favs back in the day. Its nice to see it saved.
Glad you guys liked the gasser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
I've been following that Gasser thread on the HAMB!

Quain Stott is doing the resto work, right? I am a vintage drag race fanatic, and I have a special place in my heart for Gassers. My uncles used to campaign a D/Gas '55 Chevy back in the day, and that car got me hooked on racing. I'm looking for the car, but have turned up nothing.
Small world! You're correct, Quain has done a ton of work to the car. That would be an awesome find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich 5150 69 View Post
Ditto for me, been watching the restoration on the willys as well, I used to have a million hard pics of gassers, they were at my parents place until a wild fire took they`re home, we had a 48 anglia for about 6 years, then I sold it, started having kids....
I gotta get my PC backed up externally so something like that doesn't happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyDuncan View Post
Sweet! ...thanks for sharing.

I've always wanted a Willy's. When I was a kid I had a knack for staying home sick on days when cool old car movies were on(we didn't have cable TV where I lived).
One time I saw a movie where a guy wrecked his dragcar(I think it was some kind of Hemi Mopar)in the middle of a big race weekend. Anyways, he puts the drivetrain in an old Willys and continues the race. I think he wins the whole thing? I was about 8 when I saw it so I might be a little off on the details. I would love to see it again!

(Sorry to highjack your highjack)...
Sounds like you made good use of your sick days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Nice cameo in the vid.
Read the thread on the '41.
Posted via Mobile Device
My sister told me about that ad, thought it was pretty funny. I'll have to wear an astronaut suit when I autocross it!

The gasser is in paint so I'll be slowing down on it, might can find time for Goldilocks now! I need to build a couple jigs for my A arms next and buy a pair of spindles and hubs. I'm planning on using factory 14.5" CTS-V rotors and six piston calipers (made by Brembo for Caddy) up front so standard spindles with cast-in caliper mounts won't work. More affordable replacement 14.5" rotors have become available so I'll be able to use those instead of 14" C6 rotors- the full pad height will be used compared to C6 rotors. McGaughy's spindles with custom caliper brackets may work too, I'll look into those and will pick either CPP or McGaughy's based on weight.

If anyone is interested in going, the "Moonlighter" will be unveiled at the Greer Dragway Gassers race on May 25th.

Attached Images

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote