View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #166
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Hey D, I aligned mine to the floor and went from there. mine only had about a quarter inch gap which i pulled together after getting the kick panel patch tack welded in a few places. Looks like you have a bit more of a gap than mine. Personally I would anchor the floor piece to the cab support first and then fit the kick panel to the floor with sheet metal screws and see if you can pull the bottom of the firewall in. From the looks of it you may need to split the kick panel patch, I have seen it done several times on other builds. If I remember correctly this cab had an issue on this side where the PO said it hit a tree? This may explain some of the misalignment. How does it measure compared to the other side? How does the patch compare to the piece you removed, if it is intact? I know some pieces dont come out intact Just for fun I measured mine and it is 6.5" from the pillar to the firewall at the top of the kick panel patch. Let me know if you need any measurements or anything.
Hey Dan,

Thanks, those are some good ideas. I was thinking I would have to get another panel and piece them together, but slicing it in half would work much better (and cheaper). I will have to check tomorrow for the old piece and the measurements. I have not touched the other side yet, but will measure that as well for comparison.

You are correct about it hitting a pole, a light pole I believe.

Thanks for your help.

Darien

Last edited by DD1; 04-08-2013 at 11:20 PM.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote