View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #17
chuckmc8
It's alsways something.....

Smile Re: Need 1/8" Pipe thread temp sender compatible with stock gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
Have you checked the engine and radiator with a I/R gun to see if they ate reading the same?
I don't have an I/R gun, but that would certainly be worthwhile. Since the gauge doesn't have numbers, you are just in a 'range' anyway. In my 50 years of roddin', after I drive and open the hood, I can lay my hand on the radiator (if just for a second) and pretty much tell if its too hot or not. My 5.3 runs in the lower portion of the 71 temp gauge scale, and it is close in my personal experience method. Still, not something to guess with, but I am through with it and moved on to something else ;-)

What the gauge gives you is a 'normal' baseline anyway. Once that is established, the gauge just lets you know that something is amiss.

if anyone installs this sender and adapter and has access to an I/R gun, please post the results to seep this thread updated, since this is valuable info for swappers.

If anyone would like to send me an I/R gun or a gift certificate, please PM me for addy
1968 C10 Black with red interior and orig paint. 5.3 / 4l60e,3:73 POSI 17" Torq Thrusts
1968 CST 514 Red with black interior. Buddy Buckets, Factory A/C, PS, PB- 20" AR custom shop TT, 5.3 and 4l60e

Last edited by chuckmc8; 04-11-2013 at 06:08 AM.
chuckmc8 is offline   Reply With Quote