View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #83
jstplyn331

Re: Lied and defrauded on 1971 c10 short bed

Have to say I agree with the principle of the none trust worthy person that sold it.

I gotta say that as I am reading this thread it has calmed me down to the purchase I just made and found out mine too was a shortened long bed frame,

My difference is I did the research and looked under the truck and all over, VIN tag was gone as the truck has been fully painted and body work done. I took my body guy with me and he too looked all over. Talked to the guy about the truck told me it has been in his family since day one. His uncle was original owner. It was a 1967 Big window. The hand brake was gone he told me that was not needed in his opinion.

Drove from Colorado to Kansas for this truck. Got it home and started the LS1 swap.

Pulled the exhaust to find out it was all lies. The research can only be done so far as if you would see the pictures of the frame you too would not notice the welds grind nicely and plated inside. and that if I would have known more about the vehicles, the cab is not a 67 it is a 71. So live and learn. But to lie about it that is bad JuJu and should come back 10 fold to someone. With the whole back story to sell a truck, and people wonder why you don't trust them when you are really being honest?

But gotta say after reading all the stories I can caulk it up to I got a good deal, I will drive the hell out of it. Will not lie to the next guy and hope he understands all the work done to it is correct. So with that being said and reading more. I now know what to look for as I move forward also.

And experience as it may be a good teacher, can sometime be a pain in the but learning