View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
jocko

new sister in the barn

picked up a younger sister for the 71 today just north of fresno. a few little warts, but thought it was a pretty good specimen and it was kinda what I've been looking for (I gotta stop looking!!).

it's a 72 Custom Deluxe 20 Custom Camper Highlander pkg c. Good set of options and I've been looking for a Highlander for a little while, and the Custom Camper was a real bonus I was hoping for.

The coolest part about it was that I bought it from the no-kidding original owner. This thing has hauled his family around on camping trips since summer of 72 and he gave me some pics of it with dates and locations, etc. CA truck, never been out of the state, except on a vacation or two. Has hauled a tow-behind trailer, a cabover camper, and now this soon-to-be-removed cap. He was a real car/truck guy and took great care of it. Needs a lotta tlc, but a good start. No plaid seat in it yet (was replaced in 2001, yes, he had the receipt to show me!), workin on the new plaid as we speak, but I've always kinda liked white highlanders. Ok, any highlanders. Especially custom camper highlanders. Not sure what this means for the 71 cheyenne super custom camper that's hoggin space in the garage... not sure can hang onto both, but am going to for the time being. Both are special to me, I think I have a sickness.

The wheel/tire combo on it is new, just had them pc'ed, mounted, and set aside for the green 71, but the wheels/tires on the white 72 were dry-rotted, so these got called in to make the 5 hour trip home. I did manage to hang onto the 5 slots that his kids bought him for his birthday in 73....
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 04-12-2013 at 10:21 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote