View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #314
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

I got the pass. side nerf bar installed tonight.

I also got the dome light installed that I picked up from the salvage yard the other day.

Finally I hooked up the speedo. Rather than messing with trying to get the transmission speedo output to work (Dodge uses 3 wires, GM uses 2) I decided to use the abs speed sensor that is in the rear end. I twisted two wires together (I think it is supposed to cancel out noise) and ran it up to my Dakota Digital box (SLG-5). Then I ran a wire back through the firewall to where the speedo use to get its signal from the ECM. Well I had 2 green wires to choose from (labeled "1" and "2"....whoever did that was a genious) I got luck and got the right one and the speedo moved. It showed about 80 rolling out of the garage . I played around with it a little more and got it to read where it seemed like it might be acurate. Well I drove around the neighborhood and I'm so close, but it's at its min. value, so as it sits right now, it reads 41 when I'm going 38. I'm going to play around with this box a little more and hopefully get it dialed in right. Then hopefully I can hook it up to the cruise control box and get that going too!!!!
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote