View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 01:29 AM   #83
Big Rat

Re: Big Rat's 1979 C10 High School Hot Rod Restooo

So here we are, it's today, not yesterday, but that's okay, because today is before tomorrow and after yesterday so tomorrow it will be today which means today is yesterday but two days ago it was the day after tomorrow. You get it. Now that that is all cleared up, good hell sometimes I wonder if I was drop kicked as a infant! I made some progress today. Not a lot, but made it to a milestone I guess you'd say.

I grabbed my safety glasses and trusty tool and got to work!

Here is where we left off last time

Unbolted the first hanger and low and behold grade 8 hardware baby!!! Man I love my dad! Cuz I know it was him that told me to go get the good stuff!

Shackle removed! More Anti-Seize! Props once again to dad.

Belltech hardware, been excellent thus far!

lev·er·age
/ˈlev(ə)rij/

Noun
The exertion of force by means of a lever or an object used in the manner of a lever.
Verb
I'm going to leverage this mother till this bolt rethinks not breaking loose for my impact and is screaming for mercy! Seriously, have you ever heard a bolt scream?! If the answer is "NO", then you must exert entirely more leverage! Leverage your leverage.

*POOF!*

Question, may be silly but still, a question, this is an exhaust hanger, right? I honestly don't remember using it and I will remove and discard if I have no use for it.

and this is bendeded a little. Not sure how one would achieve such a miraculous feat, but I dare not underestimate a person and the power of their roughness and stupidity. No offense to the rough and stupid, unless you are the one that might have bent this on MY TRUCK!(myself not excluded)

Once again I must give props to this, I added the Teflon myself.

Okay, now for a break. Let's play a game, "Where's Wrench-o?" (No relation to Waldo)

There he is!!! Silly wrench. Weird how that wrench stands up on it's side almost as if it was place there just for this. But who has time for those kinds of shenanigans?!...

Any one else have just one nut welded on their shock studs? Hmm, those GM engineers must have been thinkin that the front right shock would receive excessively more vibration causing for premature loosenification therefore needing an additional weld to prevent warranty issues. Anyone else have this upgrade?

And there you go! She's nakeder than a (insert clever phrase here). Other that the shock mounts she is bare! I'm glad I gave the front yard the and went to the garage! My weeds are coming in nicely if I do say so myself!

My rear end patiently waiting for it's turn to be freshened up, er, um...

This is stamped into my frame by some guy named Dana Haynes. Now I know one of you truck scientists out there knows exactly what it translates to, so translate, because I don't sprechen sie number.

Now do you c-notch guys got any pointers/tips for the up coming c-notchery?

And for Low Elco or anyone else with knowledge with the frame repair, how close would you cut to that riveted section to weld in the new piece?

Oh and here is a real mystery, bought these tires the same day brand new, so why does the one on the rear end have so much less tread left?! Hmm...

Amazing! This little box holds about 90% of the bolts to put an entire truck together!

Floor cleaned up a bit, junk out of the way, a few more pics of her all bare. I'm stoked!

Then much to my surprise Optimus Prime showed up to share in my joy!

Now just some pics of my '69 and my Nova. Wish I could just work on them all right now. My '69 is going to be a job and a half! It's rough, but it's sentimental which makes it worth it. The Nova, well, it's a NOVA! Need I say more?!

Disc brakes and P/S!

Don't forget the top fuel slick waiting to go up on the wall! Don't be thinkin you guys can steal it either, I have a motion sensor light! You should've seen me stuff this stupid thing into the truck of my old Accord! It was awesome! Stupid Honda! They really didn't design that car with the top fuel enthusiast in mind!

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote