Thread: Project 69SWB
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #261
~Whitey~

Re: Project 69SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
That Nacho seems to be a vicious, bloodthirsty, brute of an animal. Now I'm afraid to go to Springfield!

Work looks good!
Thanks Low Elco... Nacho is extremely docile.. er I mean bloodthirsty!

Well I finally have some progress to post.. I was holding out for a bit because it seems I was just posting pages and pages of nothing but metal work. Well not to disappoint but I am still on the cab. Seem like I have been forever.

I rebuilt my hinges in anticipation of hanging the doors, which was a piece of cake. For the door brakes I had several sets of hinges and I just used the pads that were the thickest from each one and I now have doors that brake; which is nice. can't remember where I bought these from.. one of the board vendors, the pins where a little long so I had to cut them down.
Name:  69Chevy_doors4.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  43.9 KB

I think adjusting the doors can lead to losing your mind, but I persevered and got them close. I started by adjusting the door side to the center of adjustment.

I had painted one of my doors last summer not really thinking ahead and sure enough even though I taped it up good I still scratched it. It's not bad, but bad enough I'll just wet sand it all and re spray it, when I paint the drivers door.
Name:  69Chevy_doors.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  41.4 KB

The doors where a pain to get lined up, the tops where out so this is what I did to bend them out some. Just some piled up cardboard and then I gave it a good shove. This is where I ended up chipping paint and why you sould never paint a door without hanging and adjusting it first.. LESSON LEARNED.
Attached Images

Last edited by ~Whitey~; 04-15-2013 at 04:24 PM.
~Whitey~ is offline   Reply With Quote