View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #174
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
nice progress on all the sheet metal repair !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardesty454 View Post
You're doing a killer job on the welding repair. Keep it up!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you both! I am definitely starting to get the hang of it, and getting a little bit better. I am also getting motivated again to get this thing moving. I am switching back and forth from body work to mechanical work to give myself a break from each.

I did not do much last night. I was planning on switching out the manual steering gear box to power steering box I bought on Ebay over a year ago. It took a Ball Joint Separator fork and a sledge hammer, but I finally for the pitman arm separated from the center link.

I was not able to mount the new box because I am missing one bolt and the washer for two of the bolts are cracked. So I have to go find replacements, but once I do it's a real quick install. Also, the nut that attached the PS box to the pitman arm is bigger than 1-1/4", which is the largest socket I have, so I need to either borrow or buy the right socket.

I also cleaned up the frame with a wire brush where the gear box is going. I just could not mount the nice, clean gear box to the dirty frame. I will spray paint it before I attach the new box.

No work tonight, we have tickets to the Yankees game. Let's go Yankees! Any Diamondbacks fans in the house?
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote