Thread: 74' by Jabes...
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #18
Jabes1

Re: 74' by Jabes...

Did some junkyarding... the thing I hate about scrounging is seeing good parts broken because some idiot is too impatient to take the time to take something apart. I saw a lot of clear gauge covers that weren't oxidized destroyed and broken. A few broken up clusters, gauge bezels and various other parts. When I take something off I don't destroy it and I set the parts aside with care for someone else with a square. People can be dumb. The 2.73 idea for now is scratched.... went to take a serious look at the rearend to buy yesterday and someone opened up the diff and yanked the gears out. Next time I'm just going to buy it, I shouldn't have waited. Picked up shoulder harness belts for my truck, an ashtray with a power source, some hood hinges and a few other odds and ends.
The tune is coming along, wideband is in and my girlfriend has been helping me tune. Its easy to see where I was running pig rich on low load portions of my base map. We corrected the rich, low load portions, added some timing in low load cruise and sitting at 40 degrees advanced with no pings. The truck gets more and more driver friendly every time we take it out. Night and day differences. A few hickups here and there, had a fuel pump go out in the driveway... thank God it wasn't on the road leaving me stranded. The truck is also running way too cold... going to make some tweaks to the ecu and drop the temp to go open loop. Probably going to stain the wood in the bed today, time and weather permitting.
Wired up the memory on my CD player and now that I have a good charging system, I no longer have to worry about the battery draining. Its nice to be able to just turn the stereo on, the EQ left where you set it and the presets working. Simple creature comforts... I want to install better lighting in the cab as well.

Last edited by Jabes1; 04-17-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: ...
Jabes1 is offline   Reply With Quote