View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #22
Super73

Re: Any EFI experts out there? Fuel problem...

Below are examples of what I have run in my truck. Each set up never showed an issue with aeration.

Dual in line Walbro set up with regulator before rails:
-10 from cell
-10 to dual -8 Y connector
Dual -8 filters
Dual -8 to dual walbros
Dual -8 back in to a -10 via a Y
Single -10 in to an Aeromotive A1000 regulator
-10 split via Y in to -8 going in to the rails
From of the rails were tied together with -6
Return was a -6 mounted top of cell allowing fuel to fall.

This system was designed to have 1 pump on at all times and the other came on when I armed the N20. The issue I ran in to was the regulator could not control the fuel flow fast enough during N20 use and it would cause a fuel pressure drop when the N20 would first come on causing either a lean condition or my fuel pressure safety switch going haywire turning N20 flow off and on really fast like a N20 controller pulsing the solenoids.

Dual Walbro set up with regulator after the rails:
Dual -10 feed
Dual -8 filters
Dual Walbros
Dual -8 to -10 Y
-10 ran just prior to rails and got split back to dual -8 via a Y and fed both rails
-4 off the front of both rails in to the regulator
-6 back to the cell mounted at the top of the cell allowing fuel to fall.

This cleaned up my lean spike during the N20 hit.

Both systems above, the N20 was fed off the fuel rails. By moving the regulator after the fuel solenoids worked a lot better.

On both the above, the -6 return was mounted in top right hand corner of the cell furthest forward corner shooting fuel towards the left side of the cell. My second fastest pass with the little motor (347) I ran out of gas on the return road. If I had seen aeration, I feel it would not have run that good.

Current fuel system supplies a LOT more volume yet still works fine with a -6 return:
-12 from cell
-12 filter
Weldon 2035 fuel pump (-12 in -10 out)
-10 filter
-10 to -8 Y just prior to the rails and feeding rails
Dual -4 off rails in to A1000 regulator
-6 return resides next to the -12 inlet at the bottom back center of the cell.

N20 is still pre regulator

System has proved to work well with 91 gasoline, a 50/50 mix of gas and E85, straight up E85.

As far as fuel pump noise. Walbro's get a lot louder when run out of fuel and they burn up fast with out fuel to keep them cool.

I know there is probably more info above then you want/need but it might be useful.
Posted via Mobile Device
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote