View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #47
Clarance J

Re: Just another old truck.

First of all thanks Kim57, Chizzler.
Dug224, thanks and glad my post was able to help you. Some times all you need is a little idea. That's why I try to read all the threads. Looking for "that's cool, I can do that.
Truck Guy99 What was your first clue? Yup I like yeller. And Lt aqua. I tried real hard to keep it a secret.
Rich aka Baldeagle SR, thanks for the comment. I almost bought a Consew but that was so many years ago I can't remember why I didn't. I guess I just liked the Phaff better.
The reason is the same for the tilt front end. If I didn't make the front tilt I couldn't reach the back of the motor or do any of the work at all. 30 years ago it wasn't much of a problem. As for the inner fender panels I won't be using them for awhile. But they are in the plans. There has to be some truck or car inners that I should be able to modify to look right.
When I saw your thread name I knew that it was going to be some shade of yeller. Are you going to stay yellow? I guess if you didn't you couldn't call him Old yeller anymore. Some of the names we give our truck. Like Clarance J. Whiskeybottle. Where in the heck did that come from? I guess the where and why is just a too long of a story to tell right now.
I like the 430 Buick motor. What year is it? Looks like its going to be a fun build.