View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #155
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

Well, today was tough....Lots of work tough. But good.

Lets see, installed new pcv grommet and hose...works fine.

Installed under dash tach in predrilled factory holes....works fine. Same routeing as before, thru the dash (factory hole above the tail light harness) and wrapped it in with the HEI/Sender power wires on the PS of the valve cover.

I installed Tail Gate derattlers (extra PCV grommets that I bought...) on the tale gate ears...now when ya close it its got a rubber bushing to stop all the noise and snug enough the chains don't jump out of the ears.

I installed PS vent window rubber, divider run, door frame run and window felts...greased all the mechanisms and just have to add the rubber to the passenger door frame edges. What a job. Lots of pics to post up for this one. Surely much more difficult than I expected and I even put stuff on in the wrong order but it worked out. Waxed all the runs and the vent window rubber. The new LMC rubber is so thick it may need a bevel trimmed in the leading edge to get the vent window to close more easily. For now I'll leave the window closed for about two weeks to let the rubber conform a bit more. One door was about all my arthritic fingers could tolerate. Thats some booger of a job fittin in all the compression fit rubber strips. And, naturally, I dropped at least 5 parts down in the door and had to fish em out...now both arms are pretty well scuffed up!

Last edited by Sharps40; 06-28-2014 at 06:33 PM.