View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #114
mechanixman

Re: 1952 1 Ton Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralhead View Post
Is there an exit wound in the back of the cab? If not I'm thinking a slug as I would think a 30.06 would punch through the back of the cab unless the set stopped them.
There aren't any exit holes in the back of the cab (thank goodness) But the door windows are shot. Literally . There's almost nothing left of either one. We think someone shot at the windshield at an angle, and it shot the side glass out. My dad and I both think it's the rifle, because the hole doesn't seem nearly big enough.

Quote:
On going to engineering school, a big thumbs up.
Thanks!

Quote:
Learn as much as you can on how to machine things and the different ways it can be done. I have always felt that the in order to be a Mechanical engineer you need to be able to know how to make the things you design.
That's something our teachers have repeatedly stressed, and I believe I have a grasp of it. Considering when other kids need help, I'll explain it all to them: "no, the mill can only move in 3 directions. You'd have to turn the part on it's side if you want to engrave your name."

Our High School has 2 CNC 3 axis HAAS TM-1 mills, 2 HAAS CNC lathes, a plasma cutter, a CNC router, and someone just donated a Bridgeport. I'm pretty excited about that, now I can learn to machine without having to look at a damn computer screen for a couple hours.
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote