View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #777
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Ah, I should have thrown more info in. It's the yellow truck in my sig. It's a 70, with a 90 Jeep wrangler tank in the back and a 91 Ranger filler assy. No system at all to start with. Currently vented to atmosphere, to avoid the dreaded vacuum problem. Works great, just stinks. The specific question should have been, did that vent line just run to a stock 71 can, or something special? Also, is it a straight vacuum hookup off the motor, or are there switches, valves, and doohickeys involved? Thanks for the help!
If I understand your question correctly, you want to convert your atmosphere vented gas tank vent system to an EEC system to eliminate the gas smell in the garage. Yes it can be done with your system, no special Fuel Vapor Canister just for the 71 – 72 trucks has to be used. But there are some other components that need to be added to make a functional system, there are no switches/doohickeys needed for it to work. I’m going to need a few days to gather together some pictures (yes I love to show it in pictures along with writing it out ----- smile), so give me a few days and I will post it hear for you. Also if you have a picture of your fuel tank from the top with the fuel/vent lines installed it would help, I’m not totally familiar with the 1990 jeep wrangler fuel tank.

Bruce