View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #196
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

A new main jet for John Lee Jr's Weber DGEV 32/36. Right now its running 140 jet primary and 140 jet secondary. Both are a touch too lean and the motor lacks a bit of power at all speeds.

After Sunday's call from Mr. Langdon at Stovebolt, I decided to check mileage (its as expected, better actually with all the performance checking and idleing time) and attempt to replace the 140 secondary main jet with a 155 (larger) secondary main jet. As indicated above, lots of trepedation as I had no spare eclip, or gasket!

Here is the jet with a fitted parallel sided driver bit in the slot.

Pulled the air cleaner assembly to expose the choke eclip and the six screws that have to come out to get to the main jets in the bottom of the fuel bowl.

Hardest part of the job was extracting the tiny choke eclip without breakage or loss. I had lots of sticky side up masking tape in the area in case I dropped it. Thank heavens for dental picks from the armorers kit.

A quick view of the carbs float and throat. I used two hands and made sure I didn't drop it!

Gasket still in place, not stuck and not torn. Weber says absolutly no gasket goo ever never ever never never NEVER! It hurt me but I didn't use any goo on reassembly. Me and goo are good old friends after all. There is the secondary main jet (140 size) on the right, a parallel driver bit to pull it and don't hose the aluminum threads it sits in!

140 secondary main jet removed on the left. New 155 secondary main jet on the right...good bit bigger hole!

I cleaned the heck outta that screwdriver and it still dissolved some crap in the gas in the bowl, so I sopped all that out with a clean rag and made sure the bowl and the newly installed 155 secondary main jet were spotlessly clean.