View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #519
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Thanks for the compliments JR.

There's NOTHING more important than playing with those boys. My son will be 32 this summer (eek!) and I spent every day, all the time with him when I wasn't at work. He was my co-pilot at all times and we talked about ANYthing that came to his mind. He and I are incredibly close to this day as a result.

As for your truck? I worried "life" would get in the way if I took mine all the way down to the frame immediately....and I don't have small kids anymore. I think you'll get there IF you can find a way to source some funds for it. Just little-by-little. Maybe your water bottles/soda can recycling dollars? Maybe X% from your yearly tax return? Maybe you set aside $20 a paycheck? (yes, hard to do when kids are little). But something; however small so you don't feel like you'll NEVER have a spare dollar to use on your truck.

Personally, I'd figure out THE most economical way to get it back running. Rebuild the 235 or find a used one on Craigslist. Wire wheel, Ospho & roll that frame and get on with it. Maybe start a thread just to keep you motivated?
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote