View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #524
fabguy
Elev8r Man

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Thanks for the compliments JR.

As for your truck? I worried "life" would get in the way if I took mine all the way down to the frame immediately....and I don't have small kids anymore. I think you'll get there IF you can find a way to source some funds for it. Just little-by-little. Maybe your water bottles/soda can recycling dollars? Maybe X% from your yearly tax return? Maybe you set aside $20 a paycheck? (yes, hard to do when kids are little). But something; however small so you don't feel like you'll NEVER have a spare dollar to use on your truck.

Personally, I'd figure out THE most economical way to get it back running. Rebuild the 235 or find a used one on Craigslist. Wire wheel, Ospho & roll that frame and get on with it. Maybe start a thread just to keep you motivated?
Dan is absolutely right JR.
15 yrs ago when I 1st pulled mine down I used to spend between 50 - 100 dollars on parts whenever pomona swap meet was going and I was there. Over that time I had collected most of the parts I needed to finish mine like door handles, headlight bezels, tail lights, power brake booster, mirrors and arms, door relays, window & door seals etc. I used to save my change (coins) and use that for parts as we have 4 kids (aged 10-23 yrs old).
It sat for a long time while i worked in my shop and pushed it out of the way. Recently I have spent alot of $ but only because we had alot of change and aluminum cans
little by little is the best way, as for time to work on it I have spent alot of time on it recently mainly because my 10 yr old daughter has been pushing me hard at the fact that she wants too go cruizing to car shows in it and she helps me work on it sometimes. She personally wants a 55 chevy Belair for her 1st car.
Posted via Mobile Device

My F.B. project page.
fabguy is offline   Reply With Quote