View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #215
chris@bigjranch.com
KIDHLR

Re: 8-9 seater shortbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Guy99 View Post
What did you do for brake cables?
The cables are tied together with a crimp. it's about a four foot extension from the suburban.

Quote:
What did you do for stretching the wiring to the trailer lights, taillights, third brake light, etc.?
the wiring from the truck matched up to the suburban great, so color to color for the brake lights etc. The fuel pump connection is another story. Because the suburban has the fuel tank mounted in the rear and the truck has it mounted in front of the rear wheels, I was able to just plug in the original wireing harness from the suburban with no splices. The sending unit still needs to be changed, because when the gauge reads 1/2, it's almost empty.

Quote:
Did you have to make another mount where the truck cab and suburban body were joined?
No, the mount was already there under the cab of the pickup. when I joined the two frames it was already there.

Quote:
Sorry, but my head is filling with questions at an alarming rate.
No worries, I had a lot of questions too, but I could not find enough information out there. There is no substitute for planning ahead, but eventually you just need to go get'r'done I had the Idea in my head since 06 I think. I bought a suburban for 1800.00 drove it around for about a year or two. found a local salvage yard that would sell me a truck with no motor for 200.00 and got some steel and a welder. If you don't count the tools that I bought and the tires that I put on it that the suburban needed anyway I figure I have about 3000 in to the build. Plus Probably about six weeks labor and some tinkering since the build.

Quote:
This is a sweet build and I love the craftsmanship. I wanted to the same thing to an 89 f350 with a cummins. Dually of course. Had the chance but not the money tree seed I needed to start. BTW, how much do you have tied up in the conversion?
Thanks

Project - Grafted In AKA the "KIDHLR"
Conversion - KIDHLR Meets LPG
KIDHLR 2.0 Rise of the diesel(a 6.5 powered 6 Door pickup)

Romans 11:17-22
"Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in"
chris@bigjranch.com is offline   Reply With Quote