View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #22
tex_waco_usmc
Project Heaven in my 67!!!

Re: Project "The Beibs" (For now...)

So for now plans have evolved just a little bit. I recently sold my Dodge Dually because we are going to buy a new Crew Cab dually! But, that left me without a truck, so I am pressing forward to get this one on the road for now and then tear it down again when I get the new truck. Now, before you all say thats a bad idea. Let me expound on the plan. Frame is going to be completely painted and coated! Gas Tanks will be done properly. Transmission gone through, cleaned and painted! The only things that I plan on tearing back out down the road is the front crossmember so I can do the suspension I want and I am going to be adding Rack and Pinion steering at that point in time and the engine for cleaning, going through, painting, and of course the BLING... Everything else will be finished properly before this installation.

Now to make it even more complicated I have exactly 20 days to get her road worthy, from today! Our house that has been on the market almost a year is now under contract and so I have to empty the workshop on or before 23 May!

Now, as far as my step-daughter is concerned. I told her since I was going to be using the truck initially she didnt have to be there every step of the way. Mainly because I was going to be doing a lot of the work while she was at school. She told me a couple days ago I hate not being able to help you with it!

So today this is what the shop looks like!

Name:  2 Trucks Side By Side.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  46.2 KB

The front half of the frame under 3 coats of primer. (Gonna do the back half after the move and I get the stuff to complete the rear drop.) And yes she is balanced like that on her own no braces! LOL (Ok, some parts to add weight in the rear of the bed to hold her down! LMAO)

Name:  3 Coats primer.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  42.5 KB

Removing the drivetrain so I can pull the front cross member and then the cab

Name:  86 No FC.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  49.5 KB

The front clip

Name:  Front clip Off 2.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  Front Clip Off.jpg