View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #155
Big Rat

Re: Big Rat's 1979 C10 High School Hot Rod Restooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy81 View Post
Good to see i am not the only guy using the dishwasher to clean my parts.
Actually mine is a parts washer that I installed in my house that I just occasionally use for dishes!

Roses are red, violets are blue, the wife says hang this fire extinguisher up before you ditch me for your truck, okay? I said okay. Lower homeowners insurance because of a fire extinguisher is fine by me!

Decided to paint the sway bar for increased G roll resistance and aeodynamicsississity and stealthification

Now let us move on to some frame cleaning. I started out brushing in my grape smuggler shorts(darn, forgot to take pics) but after about the 37teenth little wire ejecting off the 12000 rpm Gravitron, I decided to dawn that personal protective equipment, or PPE to the late man. You know partaking of ones delicious beverage would be much easier if these stupid masks had a hole in them! Duhhh!

So this is how she sits before...

Supa mad skizzilzz yo!

Farther down ye stretch o frame, beforest any wire brushing hast taken placethindeedy

POOF! What wizardry is this!

Seriously though, I'm always reading how people are saying they wouldn't do it like this and blah blah blah. I get that the nooks and crannies are tough to get, but a little elbow grease from the grinder, a little patience, and a big extension cord to your neighbor's house really can keep ones budget in check if you can't afford some fancy blastin. I know blastin gets it done faster and better, but wire wheelin really isn't that bad. Just put on some big boy britches, grab an apple juice, and feel accomplished at what you accomplished by accomplishing some accomplishment. Make sense?!

'69 C20 - Grandpa's 'ol truck
'70 Nova - Birthday present from the wife. She's a KEEPER!
'79 C10 - High school hot rod, BUILD THREAD

Last edited by Big Rat; 05-06-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Big Rat is offline   Reply With Quote