View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #47
dhpenner

Re: 1972 Chevy Short Box W/ 2001 LS1

Well I've been doing some research and some purchasing. Life has finally settled down enough to think about ol' green. I found a set of Boss 338's wrapped in Toyo Proxes STII's

Brand new, just used for rollers on a project that was being parted out. I think I will need some spacers for the back but they look sweet. If anyone is wondering about the sizes...
Front Wheels: 20x8.5 Chrome Boss 338 5x5 bolt pattern +14mm offset………
TIRES 255/40/R20 TOYO Proxes STII
Rear Wheels: 20x10 Chrome Boss 338 5x5 bolt pattern +20mm offset….
TIRES 295/40/R20 TOYO Proxes STII

I've claimed a few time before that I'm going to get it done now and life gets in the way. All I'll say this time is I'm making some progress. My game plan is to buy and install new brake lines, finish plumbing in my fuel system, run the cables for my remote battery, install a 2.5" exhaust system and then fire the old girl up.

I've been looking at a Pypes Performance Exhaust kit in stainless, but I'm not sure how I feel about the X pipe. I'm not going for extreme performance and I don't know if I want my exhaust hanging down so low. If I go with a dual system I can keep everything tucked up nicely. I've attached a picture off the website to show how low it hangs. I have the CPP crossmember with the exhaust holes that I want to use. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hope to be checking in here more often, thanks for all the support.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

dhpenner is offline   Reply With Quote