View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #207
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

Home safe! Thank God...came in on ebrake and a lot of prayers. Fortunatly, had the forsight to rebuild the rear brakes and tighten up the ebrake cable a couple weeks back.

Comein into town and slurp....master sucked air....Loud..on the return stroke....slowed up a bunch and used the ebrake for the next stop light...glad I did, totally dead pedal!

Headin to the garage, got all the supplies for the replumb and dual drum drum conversion...no sense putting it off any longer.

Good Lord watches over me...seatbelts for the wreck of Ol John Lee, radiator failures in the garage, brake falilures at low speed close to home in light traffic...I wonder just how much Grace am I burnin thru? More than a wee mite I'm sure! Thanks God, carried me home again!

Fellas, if ya ain't runnin dual pot with the front split from the rear, get on the FAQ section and get er done...it ain't expensive, under $200 and ye'll more than likely always have something better than yankin the ebrake and gearin down.

Just a buncha new lines and hoses and a $20 1967 C10/Impala dual pot Al Cardone drum/drum master makes ya bunches more secure.......